- An iliac aneurysm is bulging and weakness in the wall of one of the iliac arteries. The common iliac arteries branch off the abdominal aorta in the pelvic area.
- Each year, more than 500,000 American men receive vasectomies for permanent birth control. Most local medical centers offer minimally invasive vasectomies, but only Cooper University Hospital performs the in-line vasectomy.
- More than 350,000 Gamma Knife® procedures have been performed since the technology first became available in 1968. Almost a third of these patients (16%) sought relief from blood vessel problems (i.e. AVMs).
- Apnea is defined as the pause or sudden lack of breathing. If cessation of breathing lasts longer than a few seconds and causes your baby to change color to blue, gray, or red, this is not normal. However, a baby holding his or her breath for a few seconds can be normal as long as color change does not occur.
- Infectious disease specialists at Cooper diagnose and evaluate infections caused by bacteria, viruses and other organisms. They assist in the treatment of disease through the use of antibiotics and other agents, and aid in the prevention of disease by vaccination against infection.
- More than one million people in the United States suffer from inflammatory bowel diseases (IBD), such as Crohn’s disease and ulcerative colitis, many of them here in South Jersey. The Cooper Digestive Health Institute has created a dedicated center, the only one of its kind in southern New Jersey, to manage these complex diseases.
Influenza (flu) is a respiratory tract infection caused by a virus. It is spread from person to person primarily through droplets in the air caused a cough, sneeze or talking.
- The Cooper Insomnia Program comprises medical doctors and psychologists who specialize in treating different types of sleep disorders and collaborate to provide evidence-based assessment and treatment for insomnia.
- The Cooper Integrative Medicine Program for Women is committed to serving and healing the whole person by addressing the full range of physical, emotional, mental, social, spiritual, and environmental influences that affect your health.
- Cooper’s internal medicine physicians are specially trained to prevent, diagnose and treat illnesses and diseases that affect adults, age 18 and older.
- Learn about interstitial cystitis in women and the expert urogynecology resources available at Cooper for treating this complex condition
- An intra-aortic balloon pump (IABP) is placed inside the heart to reduce how hard the heart needs to work to pump blood.
- Intracranial stenosis is the medical term for severe narrowing of a cerebral artery that restricts blood flow to areas of the brain. This narrowing is caused by atherosclerosis.
- Ischemic cardiomyopathy results when the arteries that bring blood and oxygen to the heart are blocked.
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!