- For some women, the happiest time in their lives is complicated by the scariest times in their lives as some pregnant women are diagnosed with cancer.
- Our comprehensive cancer genetics program offers cancer genetic testing and counseling to help you identify and manage your risk for hereditary cancer.
- Our doctors’ experience with specialized immunotherapy (biologic therapy) means we offer you the most promising cancer treatments as part of your care.
- Cardiac catheterization is performed to evaluate heart function, the presence of heart disease, and the need for further treatment.
- Cardiac catheterization septal ablation is a procedure used to treat a thickening and stiffness (hypertrophic myopathy) of the muscle (septum), which divides the walls of the heart.
- Closure of an atrial septal defect (a type of hole in the heart) is usually recommended when the hole is large or a person is experiencing symptoms, such as difficulty breathing, sensation of feeling the heart beat (palpitations) in adults, or shortness of breath with activity.
- Cardiac catheterization using a VSD closure device is a procedure to close a hole (ventricular septal defect or VSD) in the wall (septum) that separates the heart’s left and right ventricles (pumping chambers).
- Cardiac event monitor is a small recording device used to detect abnormal heart rhythms. It is activated by the person, usually with a simple press of a button, when experiencing symptoms such as dizziness, weakness, lightheadedness, heart racing and/or fluttering.
- Cooper Heart Institute’s Cardiac Surgery team provides southern New Jersey’s most advanced cardiac surgery services, offering you exceptional care and a track record of superior patient outcomes.
Many existing and emerging cancer therapies have a significant effect on the cardiovascular health of patients with cancer and cancer survivors. These effects can appear during treatment, or years later.
- Cardiogenic shock is a state in which the heart has been damaged so much that it is unable to supply enough blood to the organs of the body.
- The Cooper Heart Institute is the most comprehensive heart care center in southern New Jersey, earning national recognition for its superior quality and world-renowned team of cardiovascular experts.
Cardiomyopathy refers to diseases of the heart muscle which becomes enlarged, thick, or rigid. In rare cases, the muscle tissue in the heart is replaced with scar tissue. Cardiomyopathy can develop over time or can be inherited. It can affect people of all ages.
- Cooper’s cardiothoracic anesthesiologists care for patients who will have heart or lung surgery. Most of these surgeries take place in state-of-the-art operating rooms at Cooper University Hospital.
- Cardioversion is a procedure in which an electrical shock is delivered to the heart to convert an irregular or fast heart rhythm (arrhythmia) back to normal.
- Cardioverter defibrillator (ICD) insertion involves the surgical placement of a small, electronic device used to regulate and continuously monitor the electrical activity of the heart.
- Cooper’s Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery provides comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of carotid artery disease to help prevent stroke
- Carotid endarterectomy (CEA) and carotid artery angioplasty with stenting (CAS) are procedures performed to treat carotid artery disease in certain circumstances. Carotid artery disease, also called carotid artery stenosis, occurs when the carotid arteries, the main blood vessels that carry oxygenated blood to the brain, become narrowed.
- A carpal tunnel release is surgery to relieve pressure on the nerve located inside the carpal tunnel, an area on the palm side of the wrist that supplies sensation to the thumb, index, middle, and half the ring finger.
- Learn about carpal tunnel syndrome, and the expert resources for diagnosing and treating this condition at Cooper University Health Care
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!