- Our cancer experts have a deep knowledge of advanced targeted cancer therapies, each designed to attack a certain type of cancer, in a very specific way.
- Learn about tendinitis and tenosynovitis, and the expert sports medicine resources for diagnosing and treating them at Cooper University Health Care
- Tendon repair is surgery to fix damage or a tear in the cord-like bands of fibrous tissue that connect muscles to bones. The shoulder, elbow, knee, and ankle joints are the most commonly affected by tendon injuries.
We get it, you're a busy woman with limited time to take care of yourself. While juggling all of life’s responsibilities, scheduling doctor’s appointments and managing your health care can often fall to the bottom of your to-do list.
- At The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness at Cooper, we offer personalized and coordinated services to keep you connected to the primary and specialty care physicians who best meet your needs.
- Therapeutic hypothermia helps to reduce the risk of ischemic injury to the brain following a period of insufficient blood flow caused by cardiac arrest, stroke, or brain trauma.
- The most common treatment to relieve an excess build up of fluid in the chest cavity is called a thoracentesis. Normally, mere teaspoons of watery fluid are present in the pleural space, allowing the lungs to move smoothly within the chest cavity during breathing.
- Cooper’s vascular and endovascular surgeons provide expert treatment for thoracic aortic aneurysm, a bulge in the part of the aorta that runs through the chest.
- If you have thoracic outlet syndrome (TOS), the nerves or blood vessels just below your neck are compressed, or squeezed. It can be between the muscles of your neck and shoulder or between the first rib and collarbone.
- The Division of Thoracic Surgery at Cooper University Health Care is Southern New Jersey’s leader in the treatment of diseases of the lungs and chest.
- Cooper’s team of otolaryngologists have advanced training and extensive experience in diagnosing and treating thyroglossal duct cysts in children with consistently excellent outcomes.
- The anterior tibial tendon helps control the front of your foot when it meets the ground. If this tendon is strained, you may feel pain when you go down stairs or walk or run on hills.
- Cooper's ENT specialists and skilled audiologists have the expertise and compassion to help people deal with tinnitus, an often frustrating condition.
- Cooper's ear, nose, and throat (ENT) specialists have extensive training and experience in treating adults with tonsillitis both medically and surgically
- Cooper has a team of board-certified and fellowship-trained orthopaedic specialists as well as three sports medicine specialists, all with extensive experience in diagnosing and treating meniscus tears.
- Trans-tracheal oxygen therapy is a superior method of delivering oxygen directly into the lungs through a small, flexible catheter that passes from the lower neck into the trachea or windpipe.
- Surgical aortic valve replacement (AVR), is the gold standard for replacing the aortic valve for severe, symptomatic aortic stenosis.
- The Trauma Center at Cooper University Hospital was established in 1982 and is one of only three New Jersey State-Designated Level I Trauma Centers verified by the American College of Surgeons
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a complex injury with a broad spectrum of symptoms and disabilities. The impact on a person and his or her family can be devastating.
- Treadmill stress test evaluates how the coronary arteries function at delivering adequate blood flow to the heart muscle. when it's made to work harder.
Get to Know Cooper University Health Care's Services
Individuals around South Jersey and the Delaware Valley can receive specialized attention and care at one of the many Cooper University Health Care facilities in the area. We offer more than 70 different specialties and a network of more than 630 board-certified physicians working in more than 100 office locations.
Read on to learn more about how we can help you!
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper
MD Anderson Cancer Center at Cooper has taken advanced cancer care to an entirely new level.
As part of the MD Anderson at Cooper experience, you will have access to:
- MD Anderson Cancer Center’s proven treatment plans
- Specialized cancer expertise
- Clinical trials
- Collaboration by national and regional cancer specialists
- Customized treatment plans
- A full range of supportive care services
Ripa Center for Women’s Health & Wellness
The Ripa Center for Women’s Health and Wellness in Voorhees, NJ, is a leading provider of women’s health services in South Jersey, offering women a higher standard of personal health and well-being.
Available health services at this facility include breast health, osteoporosis treatment, primary care, maternal-fetal medicine, obstetrics and gynecology, plus on-site imaging and more. Educational programs centered around health needs, fitness, and individual empowerment are available, too!
Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper
The Children’s Regional Hospital at Cooper provides high-quality pediatric primary care and comprehensive specialty care services and has the only hospital-based pediatric surgery program in South Jersey. Families no longer need to travel out of state for exceptional care provided by board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric medical specialists, surgeons, and anesthesiologists.
Cooper also is a verified Level II Pediatric Trauma Center according to the American College of Surgeons and has a dedicated pediatric emergency department with waiting areas and rooms specifically designed to meet the needs of infants and children.
Bone and Joint Institute
The Bone and Joint Institute, focusing on comprehensive musculoskeletal care, is led by a team of fellowship-trained and board-certified experts specializing in orthopedics, rheumatology, sports medicine, podiatry, and rehabilitation.
Cooper is also the first in New Jersey to receive Premier Certification Status for Geriatric Fracture Care from the International Geriatric Fracture Society and is a Blue Distinction® Center for Spine Surgery.
Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center
You can finally achieve and maintain your weight-loss goals and take back your life with help from the highly trained experts at our Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Center, a MBSAQIP Accredited - Comprehensive with Adolescent Qualifications Center.
Our surgeons have performed thousands of weight-loss surgeries and we have a detailed program to help you lose and keep off weight that includes:
- Thorough consultation and evaluation process
- Multidisciplinary approach to your care
- Careful consideration of your goals
- Ongoing follow-up
- Close coordination with your referring doctor
Urgent Care Centers
With multiple urgent care centers throughout the area, you’ll be able to receive prompt and professional assistance when you need it most.
These centers act as an extension of our Emergency Department, providing you with immediate attention under the guidance of a board-certified emergency medicine physician. Patients young or old can stop in at any time to have their cuts, bruises, sprains, falls, and fevers attended to, along with any other non-life threatening condition. Our urgent care centers provide timely and effective care in an always-friendly environment.
Use the Services Search Bar
To make your search easier, we have a helpful search bar for you to use. This tool is capable of directing you to Cooper services with locations near you that are perfectly suited to your medical needs.
Receive the Right Care for Your Needs!
At Cooper University Health Care, serving South Jersey and the Delaware Valley, we’ve created a range of specialized centers so you can receive attentive and proper care for your specific needs. To see which service is right for you, give us a call or use our search tool!